Monday, December 14, 2009

Beginnings Are Like Buttholes...

Hello, all. This is a new endeavor for me, so let me explain a little about what I hope to do here and why this will hopefully become a place you frequent regularly during your internet travels. I'm a recent law school graduate from Minnesota and have been patiently waiting to take the bar exam in February. The biggest problem I currently have is that my time is more plentiful than the available activities to fill it. As I have found over the past few months, one can only play so much XBox and online poker. I think the sound of Madden 10 starting up has caused me to black out a couple of times recently. I can't be sure of this, but all I know is that I have been waking up disoriented on the floor with my dog staring quizzically at me more than usual lately. Either way, I need something to do.

My favorite thing in the whole world is sports. Being a self-proclaimed pensive man, I often have many sports-related ideas and theories dancing around in my underworked mind and no one to listen to them. Try as I might, I simply can't get my fiance to care about what a travesty these Thursday night NFL games have become as much as I do. That's where you folks come in. The main reason I decided to use a blog to express my ideas was so readers could easily comment on the posts and create a certain community. Being from Minnesota, many of my thoughts and theories revolve around my native Twins, Vikings, Gophers, and when things get dull, the Timberwolves, but also include more universal subjects like national sports topics, fantasy sports, gambling, and other such time drains. Sports history is an area of great interest to me, and tied in with this is a love of sports names and numbers. My friend Peterson once said that my knowledge of random sports facts was so ridiculous that I must use flash cards to study stats and names (hence the name of this site). I've never tried writing about sports in this type of venue, so I'll be doing this 'learn-as-I-go' style, so bare with me. Hopefully I figure out the nuances of writing for an audience before too long.

Since this doesn't count as an actual post, look for a real deal article tomorrow. I will try to write something 3 or 4 times per week...possibly more if the mood strikes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment